Word Networldwide adj
1 spanning or extending throughout the entire world; "worldwide distribution"; "a worldwide epidemic"
2 involving the entire earth; not limited or provincial in scope; "global war"; "global monetary policy"; "neither national nor continental but planetary"; "a world crisis"; "of worldwide significance" [syn: global, planetary, world(a)]
3 of worldwide scope or applicability; "an issue of cosmopolitan import"; "the shrewdest political and ecumenical comment of our time"- Christopher Morley; "universal experience" [syn: cosmopolitan, ecumenical, oecumenical, general, universal]
- Spanning the world.
- A large meteorite impact would cause worldwide extinction of
- English is spoken worldwide.
- A large meteorite impact would cause worldwide extinction of life.
affecting every place in the world
- Throughout the world.
- The character of James Bond is known worldwide.
throughout the world
The adjective global and the adverb globally mean pertaining to, or embracing, the totality of a number of items, categories, etc. They also mean comprehensive and all-inclusive. Global is a synonym of worldwide and means of, or relating to, or involving the entire world in the general sense or as the planet Earth.
It has been argued that global has replaced international or world as a way of referring to issues, processes and structures that affect human beings collectively.
Global may also refer to:
- Global (cutlery), a Japanese brand of cutlery
- Global Television Network, a Canadian television network
- A global variable, an object in computer programming accessible in any scope
- Global (album), by Paul van Dyk
- Global Aero Logistics, and airline and holding company
- Global (Soca album), an album by Trinidadian Bunji Garlin
worldwide in Danish: Global
worldwide in German: Global
worldwide in French: Global
worldwide in Polish: Globalny
worldwide in Simple English: Global
worldwide in Swedish: Global